In an effort to keep you safe, and in line with National (NHS England) guidance relating to reducing the spread of Coronavirus, Rowcroft Medical Centre is making the following changes to reduce the number of people entering the surgery to the absolute minimum.
Patients needing a consultation with a nurse or GP
- If you need to see a GP for an ongoing or new medical condition, please contact the practice by telephone or in writing. You will be asked if your need can be met via a telephone consultation or if you feel you need to see someone in person.
- If your need can be managed over the phone we will book you a telephone consultation. If you need to see a doctor or nurse then you will be booked into a telephone triage slot and the GP or Nurse will discuss with you the best course of action and, if you need to attend the practice, the best time of day for you to come in.
- You will not be able to book an appointment online or in person at the surgery. If you do need medical care please either telephone the surgery or send us a written request via our website at rowcroftmc.nhs.uk
Patients needing medication or other requests
- You must continue to order repeat medications as and when you need them. We would ask that where possible you order:
- Via SystmOne Online if you have set up online access
- Via our website
- By putting your prescription, or other, request into the box outside of the surgery. Please note this box will only be open during surgery opening times so please do not bring your requests outside of this time as you will be unable to post into the box.
How to use the website
Log on to www.rowcroftmc.nhs.uk
Select the appropriate ‘room’ for your need – please don’t get too worried about choosing the right ‘room’, if you message us through the website we will find your request and then deal with it appropriately within the practice. Under the current circumstances we will aim to respond to your queries within 24 hours but this may not always be possible.
If you have Coronavirus symptoms
If you have Coronavirus symptoms please DO NOT come to the surgery. Please follow NHS England advice which can be found via contacting NHS 111 via their website at www.111.nhs.uk
Our primary concern is to keep you and our staff as safe as possible and to ensure the surgery operates as effectively as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience and will continue to do our very best to keep you informed of any subsequent changes. If you are not already a member of our Facebook site please search: Rowcroft Medical Centre and like our page where we will post regular updates.
We are mindful that not all of our patients have online access or use Facebook. If this is you please continue to phone the surgery or, if you can only attend in person, please ring the bell outside of the front door and someone will come to help you. Please note you will be asked to wait outside of the practice.
For the foreseeable future access to the practice will only be via our front door.